Physics HL - Best exam study tips

debaere2

Hi, I just did a january exam in IB1 for physics HL and got a 4. I revised by going through past papers and practising these questions, and going through definitions. What else could I have done, and what should I do for next time?

Thankssss :)

Best tip? You gotta ace paper 3 which is options paper. Request your teacher to do astrophysics and Medical physics (the easiest + interesting topics). Get those 20% in paper 3, Guess all the multiple choice with some common sense which'll give you at least 20%, answer half of the paper on paper 1 and you're all set for a 5...

I would say, you should improve your grades in IA as much as you can because they're like free % for you. Try to grasp concepts which aren't that hard since they're all proof based thus easier to understand.

Don't worry, physics HL is one of my best subjects, i get bad grades in geo but awesome grades in Physics HL.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I'm doing my exams next month and my teacher taught me Option e and g:

astro and electromagnetic waves.

im good at astro, but the other one I suck at- literally I don't get it.

im good at the topics that don't involve much calculations, good at the theory based ones.

so which other option would you suggest me to self study instead of suffereing through electromagnetic waves?

I was thinking maybe medical was easy to do??

PLEASE HELP!

and do you think its a stupid idea to self study a whole option now?