A Initio Russian-help needed

All languages are difficult when you've only just started Zoe, even if it's an ab initio. Just write practice sentences, and something else that may help is keeping a list of your grammar structures on one page so that when revising or brushing up on grammar you can just look at this list which names all the structures - it should remind you, or help you revise. Either separately to this or on the same page underneath a heading of each grammar structure, write the rules - so you have yourself a concise grammar guide you can refer to and not have to keep flicking through your notes. With enough practice, you'll remember the points.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

When I was studying for italian ab initio I found grammar quite difficult. The way I overcame this was to create posters for important grammar points as well as all of the tenses. Whenever I got bored studying in my room, I'd just look at my wall and it would refresh all of the tenses in my head - I found this so useful. We also used to have practice quizzes in class, so maybe try and find some online.

Alike Tyke said above, practice practice practice - get your teacher to mark it and review the mistakes you have made. If you keep making similar errors, write it down and then make sure you remember for next time :)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry, you'll have two years to master the cases. Just think of it as a math equation, that's what I do and eventually after practice they'll make sense. I suggest downloading Russian subtitles when you watch movies or whatever. Once your reading speed is fast enough you will get used to the sentence structure.

I found this site to be pretty useful.

http://www.russianlessons.net/