I understand what to do in BM HL, but why is it so hard for me to get a good grade during tests?!

Basically...I pay attention quite well...like in my business class, i understand all the concepts and like...i dont always need to revise because i know how to use it and all...but....when it comes to tests, quizzes, and semester exams, I KEEP ON FAILING....the highest i've ever gotten is a 4 T_T Any tips on how to improve? I think that my writing seems superficial...maybe i'm not explaining well enough /: how can i improve?! need help T_T PLEASE!!!

Maybe you're having trouble applying that knowledge to given situations.

For B&M you have to be able to apply yourself to situations in order to get high marks.

Also, it helps if you answer your questions using business 'lingo' this will be easy if you understand all the concepts and terminology.

Tips for improving:

-even if you understand everything, you still need to revise in case you missed something.

-learn to apply your knowledge

Also, have you asked your teacher for help? As in, have you asked him/her where you're going wrong? They're the best people to talk to because they physically see your mistakes and they're in the best position to assist you.

BTW, what textbook are you using? I highly recommend using Paul Hoang. His textbooks are by far the best and they include exam tips.

Guest HayashiEsme

What I usually found myself doing was that even though I was talking about relevant points, I wasn't direct, and lost some marks thinking that I had enough content. Quality over quantity is important too. I guess revision is always helpful. Exams are indicators of understanding, I ended up being in denial pretty often that I didn't study enough, but when I looked back at books (oh yes - buy other textbooks, sometimes the different angle in which they attack the topic is very helpful) it made much more sense why I scored so badly. Good luck on that!

I think that's my problem /: I tried talking to my teacher but she's really smart and fast and her past students are much smarter I and my class /: my teacher thinks that my answers are superficial /: been trying to change that but idk how!

I'm using a lot of text books ._. i have the Paul Hoang one, and another Business M, and 2 others /: I fear that I am not logical enough /: maybe i should also practice more using past exam papers /:

Thankyou!! :)

Maybe you're having trouble applying that knowledge to given situations.

For B&M you have to be able to apply yourself to situations in order to get high marks.

Also, it helps if you answer your questions using business 'lingo' this will be easy if you understand all the concepts and terminology.

Tips for improving:

-even if you understand everything, you still need to revise in case you missed something.

-learn to apply your knowledge

Also, have you asked your teacher for help? As in, have you asked him/her where you're going wrong? They're the best people to talk to because they physically see your mistakes and they're in the best position to assist you.

BTW, what textbook are you using? I highly recommend using Paul Hoang. His textbooks are by far the best and they include exam tips.

AAHH! i do this too /: it's especially hard with the time limit....i end up writing just whatever cuz i cant spend too much time thinking on what i should answer /: I'm using like 4 or 5 textbooks! ._. haha! It's actually helpful cuz the textbook my teacher likes to use isn't that complete theory wise but it has a lot of case studies. Been using other textbooks to understand /:

What I usually found myself doing was that even though I was talking about relevant points, I wasn't direct, and lost some marks thinking that I had enough content. Quality over quantity is important too. I guess revision is always helpful. Exams are indicators of understanding, I ended up being in denial pretty often that I didn't study enough, but when I looked back at books (oh yes - buy other textbooks, sometimes the different angle in which they attack the topic is very helpful) it made much more sense why I scored so badly. Good luck on that!

• 2 weeks later...

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have been facing the same problem and I know how frustrating it is! Although I think Paul Hoang is a really good book, I believe that other study guides are much more useful when the exams are nearing. You could use Paul Hoang for revision purposes but its content is too superfluous. My performance has significantly bettered since I stopped studying from Paul Hoang and started studying for the other study guides that are easy to understand and to the point. However, I recommend you to read the exam tips in Paul Hoang. Lastly, take a look at the past papers. If you have time, solve these on your own first and then check out the marking scheme. This will give you an idea of where you are going wrong and what is really expected out of you. Hope it helped :-)