Internal Assesment Type 2 urgent help(Gold Medals)

David Hinojosa

I know there is already a thread on it, but my IA is due tomorrow :(, i started on thursday and haven't done much.

So far i analyzed the graph and thought it was a 5th grade polynomial, but when i used excels trend function the new graph had millions of curves so i thought it was like an 8th degree polynomial. Then i plotted it on graphmatica and used the fit curve function and it resembled a 3rd degree polynomial. I lurked the existing thread but got lost since there are so many propositions going on. I've written nearly 10 pages of analysis and i am so far away from getting a formula, and our teacher asked for 4 formulas I tried transforming the data to smaller numbers and im stil so lost, i have no idea as to where to even look for a formula because im not even sure what degree of polynomial it is.

I would be grateful for any sort of help, thanks :)

I have said too many times on portfolios. The best models for a plot of given data are not necessarily the ones the have the best fit for the points; it is the data that actually models the behaviour of the relationship between x and y. Don't say you chose the function because it was the most accurate to go through the points. You must consider domain, range, concavity, etc. For example, heights can't be negative, so you might be justified in choosing an exponential function with a restricted domain. (that was a bad example, but I'm trying to illustrate a point).

To be honest with you, math help around here isn't very common anymore, especially in crunch time regarding a portfolio. Don't expect help at all in the future in the forum if you leave things like this to the last day.