Discuss two effects of environment on physiological processes

Guest Sunshine123

Guest Sunshine123

Hello there! :)

I am writing a psychology practice essay on "Discuss the two effects of environment on physiological processes", however, the two studies that my psychology teacher has strongly recommended is Maguire's taxi driver study (neuroplasticity where taxi drivers experience a brain structure change on their hippocampus) and Rosenzweig and Bennett's study on rats (deprivation of environment leads to increased thickness in cerebral cortex). However, the problem is that I find them really similar, as they are both related to brain plasticity, and how the environment leads to brain structure changes etc.

Would this be a problem, since the question asks for "two effects"? When I search online, I also find a lot of other stuff like environmental stressors and mirror neurons?

Edited by Sunshine123
  • Like 1

I interpret the two effects as two separate effects rather than two separate studies for one effect. The IB companion discusses mostly the effect of environment on neuroplasticity and just a little bit of mirror neurons. You are right to be in doubt, neuroplasticity is one effect only, you should include mirror neurons, environmental stressors or something else you find interesting.

• 1 month later...

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Question Answered.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff