I'll be working on my IOPs soon and we have the choice of Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice and The Road.

Currently my idea is to do Wuthering Heights about why Hindley became so twisted and how he could have improved his attitudes, but in the end why Emily Brontë did what she did.

Do you think that this is OK?

I would love to see any suggestions.

• 3 months later...

Edit: Heh, did not look at the date, I'm guessing you might have already done your IOP by now, but oh well, for anyone who sees the topic, advice below is still valid :D sry

Hmmm, it's been about a year since I did mine, but if I remember correctly, one very important thing is to keep in mind it's a very open ended thing. Pretty chill over all, and very much up to you and your ideas. I actually haven't read the book, but as a long as you do a couple things, you should be ok: (you can probably figure out if your topic works better than us, since it's your idea :))

1. The topics can be pretty broad (as I was saying above) as long as you can make it into a presentation that fills the time. Characters, themes, motifs, symbols... All options.

2. Make it interesting/Use good presenting skills (other words, don't read an essay...)

3. Refer to the text (not that you have to cite endless stuff, but maybe reading a passage, or pointing out parts that agree with you idea is good)

4. The interactive part is pretty optional. Can be as interactive as a class debate, to just asking some questions. Pretty much up to you.

5. Last tip: People are likely going to be bored/apathetic. Depends on your class, but that's where your enthusiasm counts a lot, so show that.

That's about all I can think of, but if you look around there are some great, lengthy advice threads on the IOPs.

Hope that helped, good luck :)

Edited by freezy19