If you don't pass your higher level language oral, can you still get your diploma?

I'm not sure if Higher Level is the same as A2. It's the second level of the language. I'm sincerely worried that I won't pass my Spanish oral this year. Last year, I almost failed the oral- and that was the lower level! Plus, the teacher this year speaks so quietly and fast that my class never knows exactly what is going on (not good, right?). SO if I do fail, can I still get the diploma?

HL (Higher Level) isn't the same as A2, because A2 language can be taught at both SL (Standard Level) and HL. A2 means it is your second fluent language, like a second Group 1 subject.

And not passing the oral component doesn't mean you'll fail your diploma - as long as overall don't have an Level 1s in your HL subjects, overall for your HL subjects you have at least 12 points and a minimum of 9 for your SLs, you'll get your diploma.

Just try your best, even if your oral didn't go well :)

If you are really worried, you can always ask/beg your teacher to do more orals and your teacher could choose the best one. My teacher prefers to do one oral ie one interactive or solo oral (due to time and preperation etc), but is willing to extend to do more, I think it was three if necessary and choose the best one.

• 2 months later...