Do I need Geography?

Milkaturtle

Fairly sure geography is not needed at most universities - but I can't be sure. I do geography, and I think it is useful because it gives you a grounding in the issues that face contemporary societies on a spatial level and social level. The HL content is also useful as it talks about globalisation - which I guess would be useful for what you want to do regarding Asia at university. However, there's probably no need to take geography, and history - particularly if you study Asian history which is an option for 20th century world history - is good. Also, look at your subjects, you take 3 languages - I don't know about other factors, but maybe taking an Asian language would be useful and it certainly looks as though you have an aptitude or passion for languages.

• Like 1

Hello,

I would like to know do I need to take Geography classes if I want to study something related with Asia (for example, Chinese language or East Asian Studies). As for now, I have taken English A: languauge and literature, Lithuanian, French B, History, Maths and Biology.

Like others has mentioned, Geography is not a prerequisite for most university programs. However, taking this course may further help you in your overall knowledge of geographical aspects.

• Like 1