UK - Personal Statement

haninmt

As the deadline for sending in my application through UCAS is getting nearer (15th of Oct), I've been thinking of what to write on my personal statement. With all honesty, after spending quite some time thinking about this, I've come to the conclusion that I have NO IDEA what I want to write.

Am I supposed to write about MYSELF or why I'm applying for that specific course etc.

I am finding myself in a very complicated confusion right now..

Help?

Hehe close enough. Well, it is understandable that you don't have any ideas yet but the PS should be focused on the reasons why you want to study dentistry and what your have being doing that shows you passion and interest for the course. My suggestion to you (before you actually start writing your own PS) is to take a look at what other applicants have written. We have some personal statements uploaded in the files section and you can also find a greater variety in TSR's PS library (http://www.thestuden...atement_Library). Hope that helps.

Ah! Thank you so much, this truly helps a lot! :)

Another question though, if you want to attach a file with the PS, is it possible to do so?

Also, you are supposed to have a reference, should that person also write a letter or so?

Sorry for all of these questions, but our counsellor is not much of a helper..

What file do you want to attach? I am afraid you can't. The PS section on the UCAS form only accepts text.

What do you mean also write a letter? Once you have completed your UCAS form and paid the fee, your application will be forwarded to your school. Then there is a section for your counsellor or teacher or coordinator to write your reference and once they are done, they send it to UCAS. They do not need to write a letter directly to the universities you are applying to.