do uk unis want toefl from international students?

Donato Melchiorre

Hey,

Just one quick question.

I have been going to an international school for 5 years now and by the time I will go to university 6. It is a completely english speaking school. I am now taking the IB and my english level is English Lit HL and after the first year my grade is a 6. I do want to apply to the UK for engineering.

Will UK universities still ask me to do the TOEFL?

Donato

I don't think the will since you've been going to an English-speaking high school for so long but in the worst case scenario they might ask you for a specific grade (I assume a 5) in English Lit. I doubt you will need to take the TOEFL exam but even if you do, it's ridiculously easy and there is no need to worry. We can't know for sure since its university imposes its own requirements but when you're made an offer, they will state if you need to take it or not.

*I went to an English-speaking school for 2 years and they asked me to get a 5 in English A2 SL (that used to be the name of course).

Hey,

Just one quick question.

I have been going to an international school for 5 years now and by the time I will go to university 6. It is a completely english speaking school. I am now taking the IB and my english level is English Lit HL and after the first year my grade is a 6. I do want to apply to the UK for engineering.

Will UK universities still ask me to do the TOEFL?

Donato

I am enrolling in international school as well, but I'm taking English B right now. In my case I'm planning to do IELTS for the sake of compiling more CVs. In your case, English A lit is quite profound so I don't think UK universities will demand TOEFL. But if you want to have more CV, taking those won't be a loss (except for the cost of course). And If you do want to take them I'll recommend you to take IELTS instead of TOEFL since you want to pursue your undergrad in UK.