Masoomali fatehkia

Hi. I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but anyways...

It seems that universities require an English test score to prove your proficiency in English. I am confused whether to register for IELTS or TOEFL?? I mean which one is more widely accepted. I don't want to end up doing an exam to just realise that it may not be accepted by some universities. In case you need to know where I am thinking of applying I still don't know but may be Canada, Australia or Europe.

And has anyone of you done these tests or is planning to do them??

(And what do you advise, should I do the test as soon as possible or should I wait? Is a lot of preparation required for the tests??)

Thanks in advance.

Well, I don't know about Australian universities, but Europe universities prefer IELTS (and especially in UK!) while USA universities prefer TOEFL. But it may differ from university itself. Here you can check whether your university accepts IELTS: http://bandscore.ielts.org/

The results of both of them are valid only for two years.

Hope that helped! :)

Hey there ^_^

Well, Canadian universities usually prefer you do the TOEFL's since i did them and most of them don't require them if you've been in an english speaking school for at least 4 years according to what i know.

Not a lot of preparation is needed. If you register for the TOEFL's, they give you a book and CD after you've registered (in your mail) and you can use that book to help you practice. For the TOEFL's, there's only reading, writing and listening but for the IELTS, there's a speaking session as well.

Well, since university admissions will be starting soon, i'll advise you to do them as quickly as possible. Since you're going to aga khan mzizima, i assume you have you mocks in january? So, i'll advise you to do them before your mocks, that way you don't have to worry about doing them later and you can be done with it once and for all. It's not something you should be worried about though. It's quite easy.

I hope i helped and good luck! :)