Perfect subject choice to become a creative director

kuc

Hey guys, I'd like to study advertisement at Academy of Art University in San Fransisco :D , but they don't really mention which subjects are required for that programme. What do you think? I've already chosen:

Math SL/HL (which means I'm not sure yet 8-) )

English HL

French HL

Geography HL

Polish HL

Physics SL

Do you think that's okay for studying ad? :)

97% of the time with US universities a specific course combination to study something in uni is not necessary. US universities, if they accept IB credit (which many do), only award credit for HL exam and are used to place out of introductory level courses and take more advanced ones or to fulfill general education requirements. Your HL subjects of Polish, English, French, and Geography will be fine and seem all right for advertising which involves reading, writing, and research.

HL math is not at all necessary, and only do it if you feel like it, but don't feel like you're obligated to. Plus you have to take either SL math (or studies) or drop one of your other HL courses since you can't take five HL courses.

• Like 1

You'll obviously need to do Visual Arts at HL. That is very important for advertisement.

Uhm, Math HL is unnecessary in my opinion. And don't take 4 HLs, it is not recognized in the states, it'd be a big waste of time.

Just make sure you take Visual Arts HL and the rest whatever. Oh it'd be good if you could do English A: Language and Literature at HL.

That course is designed for media stuff. it'd be perfect for advertisement.

if i were you i'd take

English: Language and Literature HL

Visual arts HL

A humanities HL (doesn't matter which one)

and any SL, does't matter. Even Math studies, I think.

The reason why I think you should take a humanities HL because you need to show them that you're good at analyzing...whatever. It is important for any art school to see that :) My friend got into that school (doing advertisement as well) doing English A1, History, and Visual arts at HL.

good luck!

You'll obviously need to do Visual Arts at HL. That is very important for advertisement.

Thanks for replying! :) I know that art is important, sure, but the problem with my school is that... they don't offer visual arts -.- and it's like the best ib school in my city, so i'm not very likely to move to another one

Do they offer music or design and technology instead (group 4 and 6 option)?

There is no such school in Poland which offers music or design technology, unfortunately.

Question for mad_warsaw: Why do you take Polish HL if you are going to study in United States?

Edited by Hanadai

Question for mad_warsaw: Why do you take Polish HL if you are going to study in United States?

Hm... Only because I'm pretty sure I will score 7 8-) and that would help me get into university. Most of them don't pay that much attention to subjects, as I've heard; they just require a 777 or 776 at HL.

Hm... Only because I'm pretty sure I will score 7 8-) and that would help me get into university. Most of them don't pay that much attention to subjects, as I've heard; they just require a 777 or 776 at HL.

Not even :P At most US unis you just need a certain score on a HL exam in order to gain credit for it. Most of the time it's a 5, but tougher unis will only award credit for a 6 or 7. At my uni you only need a 4 if you want credit lol.