Are these topics suitable for historical investigation ?

Arsalan95

Is this topic suitable for Historical Investigation and could it be used for an EE ?

My topic I chose is related to the Indo Pak war

1. Kashmir Crisis: How did the division of Jammu and Kashmir damage the peace in the Indian Subcontinent ?

2. To what extent was the "Two Nation" theory proposed by Mohammed Ali Jinnah successful ?

3. How well did Britain deal with the issue of Indian independence ?

Thanks in Advance

• 3 weeks later...

The topic itself could definitely work, but I believe your research questions need a bit more work, especially for the IA.

RQ 1: Can you narrow it down further? The Indian subcontinent is quite large, maybe specify the area further? What aspect of peace are you speaking of - i.e. political, social, commercial stability?

RQ 2: In what aspect? Politically? Religiously? If you choose this one, it might be wise to specify what you mean by successful.

RQ 3: It would be better with 'To what extent....' 'How well' is too vague. Indian independence is a large topic, you should narrow it down further, especially for IA.

My teacher says that the IA would be perfect if you have two primary sources that disagree about one thing in particular, be it a secret meeting or an event, and analyse them. You should keep it as narrow as possible. After all, most of your IA will not be analysis. You don't have space to study thoroughly any of the RQs you have suggested, so you should definitely narrow them down.