Group 4 project ideas

SyalinKoh

Hi there, my school has chosen the topic "the study of the ecosystem in a highland" They will be taking us trekking in the jungle to carry out observations and experiments. Any ideas on what particular thing my group should focus on? We were thinking of measuring the biological oxygen demand in water and also measuring the soil properties. any other ideas?? Which should we do?

Usually for G4 your school will give you some kind of a challenge or investigation that you're supposed to figure out a solution to...the topic your school gave doesn't really seem to lend itself towards a specific investigation, just a very general one. To me it sounds more like an IA lab where you're supposed to think of what to investigate.

As for your topic, for G4 you have to incorporate biology, chemistry, and physics somehow. I definitely see biology and maybe some chemistry in the soil properties thing, but I don't see any physics...so try to think of something physics-related or ask the people in your group who take physics, if you don't.