history HL Remark 2012

Nicole1991

Hi guys,

I've got a 3 in my HL History and honestly I am quite happy 'cause I wasn't prepared for history almost at all, I was able to study for Napoleon, Alexander II and some Hitler and Mussolini bits... I was not surprised that the questions which showed up on the test were not completely what I hoped for. In total I've got 24 pts so yey I should have got my diploma but that is not the case. I failed to get min of 12 pts on my HL, so I requested history remark. I have the highest possible 3 which means that I am off by 1 point to hit a boundary of 4 which would earn me the Diploma with 25 points and fulfilled HL requirement.

Sounds like there is some hope but actually I feel quite tense because I don't really feel too optimistic with my papers in History and I would like to hear your opinions about my situation. I am one point away from a boundary of 4 and from receiving my Diploma. I don't have the breakdown of my score I just been informed by my Ib coordinator that I am one point away to pass.

What do you think my chances are?

Plus or minus 1 little point in a somewhat subjective subject is definitely possible. I think you should just breathe and see what happens, stressing out about it won't make the time pass quicker or give you any better chances. I really hope you reach that 4, but if you don't then remember you still have other options such as redoing history altogether next may. Either way, everything is going to be fine! Good luck!