Question about IB predicted grades.

aahmedov

You know that you 2 predicted grades in the first IB yr. And then in the second IB yr you get your final predicted grade which you use to apply to uni.

My question is, if your 2 previous predicted grades affect your final predicted grade?

I got a 6 in physics HL the first and second semester of the the 1st IB yr. Does that mean I cant improve after summer and get the 7?

The method by which your final grade is predicted varies depending on your school. IB doesn't have any official policy on this, I'm afraid :P

Some schools predict grades based on mock exams at the end of the first year or the beginning of the second year, or they base it off of your grades on in-class tests and IAs. But many schools use a combination of all of these factors; it's just that the importance of each individual factor is dependent upon your school's (or sometimes just your teacher's) policy.

I didn't get two predicted grades in IB1; I just got one predicted grade in IB2 which depended on my in-class tests, exams, and IA scores from IB2. IB1 didn't matter at all.

So in short, it's best to ask your teacher how predicted grades work at your school, since it's different pretty much wherever you go :P

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...