Food, Fitness, and CAS - questions

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to IB Survival, and I'm entering my senior year and my last year of the DP. I've decided to make my CAS hours themed around mostly health and fitness--things that I feel are important in today's world.

That being said, I've been thinking about some options for the Action category. There are a lot of things I want to do, but finding supervisors is an issue. I went on to beachbody.com and was researching some programs that are at-home workouts, but when you purchase them you are assigned a "coach": a person who keeps you on track and guides you through the duration of the respective program. If I could get legitimate contact information (safely, of course) from this coach, could I use him/her (most likely her) as my supervisor?

I have a LOT going on this summer (my family and I are moving across the country, I have to draft my EE, have other assignments on top of that, and am planning on starting to work part-time soon), so I figured this would be a good option if you guys think it's possible!

(I would ask my CAS adviser, but as I am in between schools, I don't have an official advisor yet.)

Thank you! :D

Hi, :)

first of all how long have you been doing these CAS activities for? remember, you need at least one that is a long term activity (about 4 terms i think) and you need to have one or more activities that incorporate 2 or more of the creativity, action, or service requirements.

for my Action, i go to the gym and i have got one of the personal trainers there to be my supervisor. you can train by yourself, but what you really need the supervisor for is signing your evaluation sheet. So, in answer to your question, you should be able to get one of those 'coaches' to be your supervisor, as long as you are physically able to see them and get them to sign your evaluation sheet. :)