UCAS UK fees

dandoon96

Hello,

Planning to apply for the academic year 2013-2014, but still unsure what fee status to apply for.

I have dual nationality ( UK being one of them). My brother applied a few years ago, and was accepted as a home student.

However, i emailed several universities, and most of them replied saying they cannot decide yet which is quite worrying.

The international fees for medicine being quite expensive doesn't exactly encoarage me to pursue the undergrad degree in the UK.

Is anyone in the same situation?

Or does any one have any advice on what to do with the UCAS application soon?

They ponder it on a case-by-case basis based upon your parent's contribution to UK society (i.e. taxable income), your intention to stay in the UK after study and your history in the UK (i.e. schooling), according to a KCL guy who was giving admissions lectures in my city recently. No harm in applying. Your brother's application may be reassuring in regards to you, but it depends how long ago it was, the changes were quite recent and before then you just needed the passport, apparently.

• Like 1

Well, my brother applied in the year (2009-2010) So I guess it was a few years back. Life was much easier, then. In terms of fees too.

But prior to applying, bearing in mind that I do have the passport and father does pay for taxes in the UK every month,do you know how do i would go about to apply ?

Can i apply as a home student on UCAS even if it's not confirmed?

Or Is there an option for unsure applicants?

dude, try browsing through UCAS website, I'm sure I've come across a question of "Which type of fees do I pay?" somewhere around there, and the answer is probably in the UKCISA or UKBA website. or even on the university website, if you go to Fees and Funding section, sometimes they also answer that question there.

I've seen answer to that question but I didn't really pay much attention because it's so obvious that I'm paying the intl fees :P but the answer was long, so hopefully that's what you're looking for.

EDIT:

see, found it here:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/choosingcourses/faqs/fees/faq4

the answer should be here:

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/fees_student_support.php

Edited by Desy Glau

I'm in the same situation as you, having lived in England for 8 years but returning to Australia for high school. I've done a bit of research into this, but I don't qualify as a home student and I don't think you do either.

You have to have lived in England for three years prior to your study. So if you were going to start in 2013, you would have to have lived in England from 2010 to 2013 to be eligible as a home student.

Are these new rule enforcements?

Cause my brother was also aware of the three year rule, yet they accepted him as a home student because of my fathers circumstances( had to work abroad etc...)

I don't know but if that's the case, maybe I should consider scholarships or Canada!