method to calculate ´glanzer and cunitz serial position effect

Clauzy

i am doing my IA on Glanzer and Cunitz serial position effect on memory. and i want to know what and how to calculate the data. am i suppose to use the wilcoxon test to find the curve? if you have any other method that i can use please let me know.

thnx..

If you have a small sample size then that might be why your teacher is telling you to use Wilcoxon. There is no statistical test to draw the curve, the curve is just a plot of the means for each condition with a line drawn between them. The important thing to do is run the Wilcoxon to compare each experimental condition to see if they are statistically significant. I hope that makes sense.

You should in no way be penalized for not replicating the results of the original study. The point of the IA is the exercise of designing the study, running it and running the stats and writing up the results. Don't worry, you will not fail or anything, you can still achieve a 7.