what grade should I have in math ib hl 1 in order to get into 2?

Linda Chen

Well, I am taking Math hl now, and I am getting a 75(before scale) this year. I don't like math and I am definitively not a math person but that is also the reason why I didn't put much effort into math this year.... I know we r going to learn calculus next year and I have studied calculus before, so I am wondering whether that would help..

my teacher said, I will need to work harder to get a 4 next year...(I didnt really do my hw this year, which is not... hardworking..) and if I work really really really hard, I might end up like a 6 but of course, I will not have much time to devote in math. So, I am worried. I want to get a 5.

I want to get into business and economics those areas, and I know that math hl can give me much more than sl, which will be helpful if I get into those areas. I was thinking maybe to find a tutor or study harder next year will change my grade, but many people told me that you think you can change... but the truth is you won't change, at least not a lot...

So, I just want to know what did everyone get in their grade 11 year, and how are u doing in grade 12; so that I can have something to refer to and help me to make the decision.

Thanks

If possible I would strongly advise you to change to Math SL as you don't need HL for Business. If due to your situation you are unable to do as such I would recommend you to buckle down and work. I understand that you don't like Math but getting into good Universities needs a minimum 4-5 in Math HL and a 6 in SL.

Try your best and you will succeed mate, good luck :)

To get a 6 or 7 in Math Hl you should eat Math think about Math dream about Math and wake up solving Math questions ! that what my friend told me ( he got 7 by the way ;) ) Math Hl is a challenging course in the IB but you will love it ! getting 5 in Math Hl is the achievement while 4 is the average overall .. and regarding Calculus it's completety different when it comes to Math Hl you will get things you never heared off also there is a full section about Calculus if you choose this option ( paper 3 ) anyways Gd luck and start working on your IA ;)

Thanksss, guys! ya, I know, it will definitely be more helpful if I take math hl... the question right now is how much time I am willing to put in it.. I should learn to love math if I take hl. Thanks for your advice again and I will think about it :)

Edited by Linda Chen