University Of East Anglia

wireman

Well, how would UEA compare to something like St. Andrews, or Warwick? Is it wayy far behind? And what about job prospects after UEA? Is a degree from UEA considered valuable?

I'm currently hovering around a predictable of around 37/42. Although this might just about meet the requirements of the ones up there, I don't think my monetary condition would let me study in the top unis in UK. So, would you happen to know universities in the UK that might offer scholarships to International students? Or has a lower fee compared to other top-notch universities in UK?

UEA's not a 'top' University but it's probably in the mid-range, it's not that bad either. I don't know about its rep for Economics but I recommend you look at the newspaper University league tables, e.g. the Guardian or something like that, as they include information on graduate prospects. How many people are employed after the course and so on.

League tables are more or less the only way to compare courses. I'm not sure if UEA would rival Warwick (which I think is meant to be pretty top-notch for Economics) but it's certainly not a terrible place and a degree from there would indeed have some substance - although a bit less than at the top places (obviously!).

In other news, the area UEA is based in and the countryside there is my favourite in the UK :) I wish I were able to study in a similar environment.

• Like 1

Wow man, I would say you better apply to LSE, UCL and their friends! UEA is not that high in the ranking but not THAT low either I don't think. Not worth giving a shot if you're predicted around 37ish. But if you want an insurance uni then you'll definitely get a place there.

• Like 1

LSE and UCL with 37? Sorry mate, but I doubt it. I'd say you need at least 40 to have a competitive application there. Or at least for LSE (I withdrew my application from UCL so I have no idea what the outcome would end up being). 37 is not enough for Warwick either so be sure to check the entrance requirements of the universities. I do agree though that 37 is a bit high for the University of East Anglia but it would be a good insurance choice. Also note that your score at Maths HL is vital for Econ. related courses.

• Like 2

LSE and UCL with 37? Sorry mate, but I doubt it. I'd say you need at least 40 to have a competitive application there. Or at least for LSE (I withdrew my application from UCL so I have no idea what the outcome would end up being). 37 is not enough for Warwick either so be sure to check the entrance requirements of the universities. I do agree though that 37 is a bit high for the University of East Anglia but it would be a good insurance choice. Also note that your score at Maths HL is vital for Econ. related courses.

The score ( 37 ) is out of 42. So I'm assuming if I get even a 1 in TOK+EE, i would probably just about meet the requirements. I just have a quick question about Erasmus School of Economics ( Rotterdam University ) . It has been ranked 36th in the world for Economics. However, it has a minimum IB requirement of just 27. Why is it so? It also got a rating of 4.10 out of 5 on Iagora. What could be the reason behind this low requirement?