cheating on IB exams

i7amani

do you have any unauthorised materials with you - this is your last opportunity to say so.

?haa that so funny I laugh out loud when they say it because every day everyone get in with their phone inside until the invgilator says they statment every one stand up and throw his phone away

:P

Haha none of us bring our phones into the exam room. Cuz we don't even get to bring them to school.

do you have any unauthorised materials with you - this is your last opportunity to say so.

?haa that so funny I laugh out loud when they say it because every day everyone get in with their phone inside until the invgilator says they statment every one stand up and throw his phone away

:P

Haha none of us bring our phones into the exam room. Cuz we don't even get to bring them to school.

haa why : ? here we can bring them but only in Fridays but no one listen :P

I've heard from one of our teachers that it's not only you who get penalized. The examination in the whole school is invalidated if someone gets caught cheating. Obviously you also have to realize you're likely to be violently beaten by your classmates :dontgetit:

Edited by ajbiki2012

Yeh, possession of unauthorized material even if you had no intention of using it will likely end in disqualification for misconduct. I leave my phone in my bag so it doesn't come anywhere near the exam room, just so I'm extra sure I'm not going to get punished for bringing it by accident.

I've heard from one of our teachers that it's not only you who get penalized. The examination in the whole school is invalidated if someone gets caught cheating. Obviously you also have to realize you're likely to be violently beaten by your classmates :dontgetit:

"you're" :P guys to make this clear i did not cheat on any exams...and im nt planning to :P just checking for some1 O:)

• 2 years later...

Guys, I have a serious question. I had a language exam today (an essay), and I was caught writing some words on my hand before the exam. All I wrote was the title of the book and the authors. I am really terrified of what the IB would do to me. Will they not give me and IB diploma? Or what do you think the consequences of my actions will be? Please help I am in shock right now.

Guys, I have a serious question. I had a language exam today (an essay), and I was caught writing some words on my hand before the exam. All I wrote was the title of the book and the authors. I am really terrified of what the IB would do to me. Will they not give me and IB diploma? Or what do you think the consequences of my actions will be? Please help I am in shock right now.

I think it counts as cheating, as you're still bringing in materials that are not allowed into the exam hall (ie. names of books in your hand as you may use them in your lang exam).

All i can say is, hope for the best :x

Guest Sonia

Actually though, it seems kinda easy to cheat in an IB exam. Cheat in the sense of taking a test as somebody else. Cause nobody checks who you are or if you sat at the desk with the paper with the right name right? So if the invigilator doesn't really know who you are or what subjects you take, you can be writing an exam as somebody else. I dont know why you would want to, but it would be possible :P 

Actually though, it seems kinda easy to cheat in an IB exam. Cheat in the sense of taking a test as somebody else. Cause nobody checks who you are or if you sat at the desk with the paper with the right name right? So if the invigilator doesn't really know who you are or what subjects you take, you can be writing an exam as somebody else. I dont know why you would want to, but it would be possible :P

Impersonating a candidate is considered as a misconduct and may lead to suspension and removal of the IB Diploma.