I have doubts about IB

Guest ulysses

Guest ulysses

Next year I will be a Pre-IB student as a 10th grade. My English is not bad. Next year I can improve my English. But I am afraid of can't understand the lessons. I really want an IB student but I can't make a decision. I'm waiting your helps, suggestions. Thanks.

Guest ulysses

Not much really. Actually I love English and I love learning language.

I'm good at History, Literature, Geography and English.

I'm interested in Psychology and International Relationships for now.

don't worry about it yet. see how 10th grade goes, theres still quite a bit of time till you have to make the decision, and when it comes to it: try the IB. you can always still leave it if it does not work out. but I am sure it will. the only people that left IB at my school were the ones that did not need it for the US and the ones that never did work so they were forced to leave.

Considering that you will be a pre-IB student next year, you have lots of time to decide. Don't limit yourself or doubt right now for you haven't experienced anything yet.

In my opinion this is what you should do:

1. Go through pre-IB. Get a feel of the subjects that you are good at and the ones that interest you.
  2. If English is a bit difficult but you still love languages, then continue to strive for it! If you sincerely work hard, you will be able to achieve anything. Trust me, I'm not the smartest in some subjects but I'm surviving because I work very hard to overcome what I don't understand.
  3. Just think about your future, What classes will help you progress better in university. (But don't overstress about that since you are still young!!) If by chance, HL English ends up being a little harder for you in the future, you can either:

• Drop it to SL English
  • Take the certificates instead of the Diploma, leaving English (BUT I personally would not do that, English is very important but it is an option to consider).

Quick question, will you be taking English as your language A (Group 1) or Language B class (Group 2)?

4. Ask your future teachers about what you will be covering in the future, check the IB syllabus. More information about these classes can be found on the IBO website. http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculum/group1/LanguageAliterature.cfm

• Like 1