How do I prepare for my exams?

Guest CasaNova

Guest CasaNova

I want to start preparing for my exams in May. What do you think is the best method. I have the biggest problems with Design Technology SL and Math SL. For Design I need to score all 6s or 7s on papers in order to have 4 or 5 (because of the poor internal exams)

I'm currently making notes (based on the syllabus) for applicable subjects. Then I'll quiz myself and do as many past papers as possible. Past papers are key. The IB asks such vague questions you need as much practice as possible dealing with them. I also plan on doing 6 hours of revision a day (maybe more some days) up until May2nd when I'll change it to avoid my head exploding. Making a revision plan helps too.

• 1 month later...

Read through and familiarize yourself with the syllabus, then take many examples from the books and do exercises according to the topics mentioned in the syllabus. That is what I do..I did the review for Maths exam and I felt confident for the exam. The exams only ask you what is written in the syllabus :)