Do CAS activities have to be related to our future career choice?

Your CAS-coordinator is fundamentally wrong. Your CAS activities do not have to be relevant to your future carreer choice. However, it could be good to have done something relevant, as it can strengthen your university applications.

Things relevant to engineering could be

• Technology/Maths club in school
  • Building an RC car
  • Computer programming
  • Tutoring Maths/Chemistry/Physics to younger students

I don't believe there is any obligation to do a CAS activity related to your future career, but as you will be spending a good deal of time on it that could be a good idea.

One possibility might be to check your Yellow Pages for a model aero club in your vicinity. If there is one, you might find there is plenty of scope for creativity, action and service in that context. (For example, initiating and organising an exhibition of their work in conjunction with a local shop or mall)

Your CAS Coordinator is crazier than mine! I'm sure you COULD only do CAS activities related to your future career but not only would that be difficult to do it would limit your action/creativity/service activities. One of the points of CAS is to branch out and do things that you usually wouldn't do: take an art class, help at a local food bank, etc.