med school or international students

IntellectualBadAss

Hello,

I am wondering if I stand a chance for medical school in UK. My grades are as follow

Psychology SL 6

Biology HL 7

French SL 6

Math SL 6

English HL 6

TOK/ EE 2

Chemistry HL 7

I have extracurriculars such as volunteer and surgeon shadowing and many leadership positions.

I don't know about BMAT and UKCAT tests. Can anyone please comment on their difficulties in comparison to the SAT I?

Thank you very much!

With those grades and the work experience then yes, I think you would :)

The UKCAT and BMAT you can find past papers on their websites. I doubt many people will have done these tests AND the SATs as SATs are in the US only and the UKCAT and BMAT are UK only. So I have no idea about relative difficulty.

The UKCAT is kinda like a weird IQ test (so maybe more similar to SATs) and the BMAT is testing you on basic science, logic and essay writing skills. Not everybody does well in both. Also remember to check out that you'll need both: only 4 medical schools actually require the BMAT (Imperial, Oxford, Cambridge, UCL). So if you don't intend to apply to those 4, you can save yourself money.