Any suggestions for calculations for Math IA?

toytoytoy

Hey,

I'm not really sure how to go about my IA. I suck at math. But anyways my topic is...How does height and weight affect the performance of NFL players.

Could someone suggest what calculations I could do? Or how this topic could be better? :P Should I use more than one team?

I figured I could do pearsons correlation...and regression line..? lol

any help is appreciated :)

Hey,

I'm not really sure how to go about my IA. I suck at math. But anyways my topic is...How does height and weight affect the performance of NFL players.

Could someone suggest what calculations I could do? Or how this topic could be better? :P Should I use more than one team?

I figured I could do pearsons correlation...and regression line..? lol

any help is appreciated :)

Pick either height or weight, you don't need two variables for your X because that just complicates things. You will also need to quantify "performance." To do this I would suggest keeping the player's position constant and finding a statistic for that position. You might consider using only the starter's stats also since the backup people don't play nearly as much their stats will be naturally lower than they would be if they were the starters.

Good ones I thought of:

Quarterback height vs % completion.

Cornerback/safety weight vs # of sacks.

Runningback weight vs yards ran.

Wide receiver height vs completion rate.

I'm sure there are others but those are good examples in my opinion. You can use any of them too if you can't think of another you would rather do.

Both of those calculations are good. You can also do a chi-squared test if you can find 100 data points. 100 points could be hard to get but I feel like it is possible.

You can also do a standard deviation with only 25 points of data.