pokerface

Hi there,

I'm about to start writing my internal assessment essay for philosophy sl and I'm having doubts as to how I should "compose" it properly.

My topic is about philosophy of space and time and different approaches to those concepts in physics and philosophy (if you'd like to see the stimulus material, here it is: http://www.cartoonis...d.php?iid=54016).

First I'd like to make some references to the stimulus material and also start a discussion about how seemingly naive questions become an object of serious research, first by philosophers and then by scientists. I would also want to highlight how the discoveries in science provide arguments or counter-arguments for philosophical problems.

In the next part I would like to discuss the philosophical questions arising from the concepts of space and time and then present the historical development of the understanding of those concepts (starting with Newton and Lebniz and ending with Einstein's theory of relativity).

I believe that so far this will be a good introduction, but from what I could learn from the IB guide, I have a feeling that the essay should have a more personal and analytical character. Therefore I'm wondering what this personal analysis of mine in the latter, more generalized part of the essay could concern. I had an idea to analyze the interactions between science and philosophy in general, but I feel that would be writing too much about philosophy and not analyzing something in a philosophical way.

If you could suggest any solutions, that would be great. ANY comments are more than welcome. :)

Edited by pokerface