IBO files for IB MYP students

HiggsHunter

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I don't have any detailed IBO MYP documents to share, which was the reason for my question, but if I manage to procure any I'll certainly be happy to contribute the files.

The school here has been authorized to offer the IB MYP since 2002, and the IB DP only since 2004. So it is young, but expanding quite rapidly. It has students of more than 30 different nationalities and many diverse cultures.

... You're welcome to share any MYP files you have though! Try Google as well, you may find something useful.

I've managed to procure the 2011 IB MYP General Regulations, the MYP Language B Guide, and the MYP Guide to Interdisciplinary Teaching and Learning, and uploaded these three documents to the Files section.

The 2010 interdisciplinary guide by Verónica Boix-Mansilla is well written and perhaps the most interesting, and it's apparent to me that the MYP teachers here are following this framework. So it wasn't a coincidence that the maths class was interpreting the population statistics for Rio de Janeiro when the geography teacher was talking about Rocinha, and the PE leader about making football accessible to young people from the Favelas! The curriculum model looks like a fine way of encouraging bridge building.

I'm still looking for the 2008 publication "MYP: from Principles to Practice", which offers an overview of all aspects of the programme, as well as more subject-specific MYP guides.

I don't know about PYP because the primary department of the IB school here doesn't yet offer that course. (The primary bilingual curriculum is based on the guidelines of the British national curriculum and the French primary programme). But generally everybody at the secondary campus is enjoying the MYP and DP courses as well as the clubs, shows, bands, sports and other extra-curricular activities organised by the school. All the teachers are competent and inspirational and a few of them are quite extraordinary. Well, they should be good as the school is very expensive!

This is not a unique experience because there is another IB MYP/DP school a little further away and the students say it is "fantastic". There is also a state school nearby that has a very good reputation. But it only offers the Swiss "maturité", and doesn't offer bilingual education or such a wide cultural experience as the IB ones.