EE on World religions? Here my top topics

pennywise256

Hi guys, I'm starting IB1 and the worries about the Extended Essay have broken out all over the school, and I'm not the exception. I have been looking around for first, an area to base my extended essay on and second a related topic. I downloaded the oficial EE guide from an unknown page some days ago. And I haven't fely any special interest for any subject, but for this odd one called "World Religions" I had never heard of such a thing, and have never known of anyone taking that as part of their curriculum. I guess it might be quite diffiult to make it since I have little academic background on it. However, I have a large backround on precisely, a religion. I'm a follower of Wicaa and I would like to do an in-depth study about it. Please, bomb me with all the possible suggestion on this journey I'm about to undertake. I really want an A. I have decided to create this topic because I noticed no one has even noticed about the existence of it, but if you do know anything, please support me.

I have brainstormed a lot of ideas still to be further defined and modified. Do not take them as final and definitive titles, but as general ideas.

1a) To what extent has urban development contributed to the modification in the practice of Wiccan followers' rituals ?

2a) How can it be explained that Wicca currently continues being practised underground in spite of the reforms in favour of freedom of religion enacted in most of countries?

2b) Have reforms in favour of freedom of religion, enacted in the last decades throughout the world, contributed to the emancipation of Wicca worshipping?

2c) Have legislations against its practise, been the the main factor for Wicca religion to be currently practised underground? Otherwise, was it an underground religion in its origins due to any other cause?

3a) To what extent do Wiccan rituals resemble Satanist ones in order to be colloquially associated?

3b) Do Wiccans consider Stan an influential element within their religious idiosyncrasy?

3c) Does the colloquial association of Wicca with Satanism effect the way non-wiccans perceive the former?

4a) Does the lack of official religious status in Mexico affect the way in which Wicca followers regard their religion?

5a) Is it possible to affirm that there are analogous relations between Traditional Pagan Druidic Pre-Roman religion and Pre-Hispanic Mexican religion by observing their consequences in today's world? Otherwise, are modern versions completely unlinked from traditional ones?

5b) Are similarities between Modern Wicca rituals and Mexican Neo-Prehispanic religion only *** (I don't know how to stablish the last part of this title, I'm trying to ask if both religions rituals resemble only in the way they are executed, or also in the aim itself. Example, Wiccans greet the sun as well as Mexicans, however it is to be stabilised the relation in the inner meaning of each ritual by in the way individuals from each religion regard it)***

5c) Do deities from modern Wicca and Mexican neo-prehispanicism share comparable elemental traits influenced by their pagan condition?

5d) To what extent is it possible to stablish that Mayan cosmology matches with the way traditional Druidism regard animist deities?

5e) What is it owed to that modern Wicca worshippers favour symbolic representations of gods instead of personified deities as in its origins?

5f) Why has modern Wicca evolved to become a non-theist religion, and how has the left-behind of deities occurred?

Please, review the list and vote the three best ideas accordingly to how well they would fit into the EE statements. I know most of them are vague or obscure, or that some topics sound completely like a descriptive topic. that's why I ask you to help me tailorng them the best in order to look interesting and complying with IB requirements. Also, please give me suggestions about how I could get the best of interviews to followers of the religion, and what you think I should avoid in order to make the work look either descriptive, or oriented to another subject. Thanks.

Edited by pennywise256

I advise you to stay away from writing about a subject that you have never studied, especially if you want an A. In my opinion, the interest factor is derivative compared to actual experience in the essay. However, if you are firm on the subject, then go ahead and shoot for it.

Have you read the EE pdf guide that I think you (supposedly) downloaded? If not, then I strongly suggest you read it. There is information regarding structuring your question and your essay, what needs to be included, and what you need to put into consideration when writing it.

Without any background of World Religions, I can tll tham most of your topics are not of a quality RQ. You must clearly define what you will be researching, and your topic must be in the form of a very specific question. The topics you have listed are far too broad and will not be effectively discussed within the scope of an Extended Essay. In general, you will want to find a specfic aspect about something to research. "Does Wicca have any relationship with Satanism?" can be more focused. For example: "To what extent are factor X of Wicca similar to the aspect Y of Satanism during time period X?" Sorry, that wasn't very good, but you can see that the idea is that you will want a focused essay and something you can research. Good luck.