What programs and which university?

ib gurl_ak

Hey Everyone,

I am in the 1st IB year and I am starting to think about which program and what university to go to.

I am taking HL CHEM, HL BIO, HL ENG, SL MATH, SL HISTORY, and SL French. So far, I've been thinking of medicine and I was planning to do undergrad biochemistry and then, med-school. But, now, I am so confused; I don't know if that's what I really want to do and I don't know if I am really interested in doing that. I love math and chem. I don't mind bio but, I still get good grades in bio though. I want to do something active and not have to sit behind a desk. I also wouldn't mind something that has to do with travelling the world; I would love to work international. So, could anyone please help me with possible suggestions of programs and more like, what career I should choose?

Thank you so much!

Desperate for Help :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not all doctors sit at a desk and see patients all day. There are doctors who travel the world, do medical research, teach, and do other cool stuff too. You could work for Doctors without Borders or something like that if you want to go abroad.

I think you should do biochemistry if you're not sure, because then you'll have a good background in both biology and chemistry and you can pursue either one after your finish. Knowledge of biochemistry is also good for research :yes: Or of course you could go on to med school with a biochem degree.

I say if you're not sure, do a biochem degree. But you still have time before you apply to university, so think it through. I don't know for sure what I want to be after I finish school but I have a good idea of what I like and what I don't like. Plus, life throws opportunities at you sometimes, you never know!

:gluck: