Holly R

I've applied to do sociology at Exeter, Cardiff, Lancaster, Brunel and Kingston university, and I've had the following replies (so far):

Exeter - 30 points (conditional)

Cardiff - no reply as of yet

Lancaster - conditional - don't know the points yet

Brunel - 30 points (conditional)

Kingston - 24 points with 5 in English (conditional)

My predicted grades:

English HL - 7

Film HL - 5

Physics HL - 6

Maths - 5

Business - 5

Italian - 5

ToK - 3

Which makes 36 but I might be overestimating myself :S it's probably more like 34, which is what was sent off to the universities.

I was just wondering if anybody had any opinion of what the best uni would be - I think I prefer the course at Exeter but I'm open minded :)

If anyone is at uni, studying sociology - even better if you're studying at one of the ones above - I would love for some feedback :D

Thanks

based on this http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2011/may/17/university-guide-sociology ranking table, Lancaster is better than Exeter for Sociology. then come Cardiff, Brunel and Kingston but they're very low in the list, so I suggest to choose Lancaster and Exeter as your firm and insurance choices (in any order). I suggest that you consider looking at the accommodation, course content, clubs, etc before choosing which is your firm and which is your insurance. good luck!!

Don't worry about the ranking tables so much though! try to look at the course content to make sure you would like it.

I did some moddules in the sociology department at Loughborough and I have to say it's very good and it's ranked 15.

Good luck with your studies! keep focused.

And don't worry so much I take it with the rise in fees there will be less competition.

I also applied for Sociology.

I applied University of Bristol, The University of Manchester, LSE, University of Edinburgh and University of Warwick.

I got 4 conditional offers so far, I didn't get LSE yet....

My predicted predicted grade was 36.

Which university should I also choose....? I think I can achieve the conditions for all of them...

For 'Holly R's, I think Lancaster is good!

I also applied for Sociology.

I applied University of Bristol, The University of Manchester, LSE, University of Edinburgh and University of Warwick.

I got 4 conditional offers so far, I didn't get LSE yet....

My predicted predicted grade was 36.

Which university should I also choose....? I think I can achieve the conditions for all of them...

For 'Holly R's, I think Lancaster is good!

first off, congratulations!!! :) if you get an offer from LSE, I'd suggest firming LSE. then Warwick or Edinburgh for insurance. good luck!! :)