University of Waterloo + Motivation

Deja Wu

I want to apply to Waterloo for one of their Engineering programs (I'm nearing the end of Year 1 IB) but I have a few questions. I plan on taking a campus tour during March Break to get a feel of it (my friends who've been there love it). It seems that every teacher or person I've talked to gave me a different answer when I ask which marks universities look at (Grade 11, 12 etc). I want to know how marks are viewed by universities in general ( which marks count for the most and least). Also, being in IB I get have my fair bit of stress which doesn't bother me at all or I'd have quit IB already since Engineering at Waterloo barely acknowledges IB (as far as reps have told me anyway) but the thing that does bother me is the lack of motivation. I want to get into a good university, I want to study for exams and I want to get my EE and CAS done and at times I do feel motivated by a future away from home in a nice University on my road to something (hopefully success), but it wears off pretty fast. I'm currently half-way done my Ontario exams and I barely studied for the two I've done. I know I did well on them but I feel that I need more motivation to actually do my work when I should do it, I can't seem to stop procrastinating. So, any advice for me? Anything would be greatly appreciated! Now, off to study for French :P