Visual Art IWB pages

frogger

I was just wondering if there was actually any need to 'decorate' our IWB pages- I get that there has to be a balance of image and text and all, it's just a lot of my class are putting a fair bit of effort into decorating pages which I haven't... I get that it looks pretty and all it's just that if I was to do it I'd probably spend too much time decorating and not enough time doing actual art...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

My instructor insists that we do, but be cautious. Decorating a page with a simple paint or being creative fulfills the "presentation of work and critical thinking" rubric for the IWB, but making it illegible by making the background too distracting would do more harm than good.

Happy researching!

My art teacher encourages making each page unique and "decorating", but make sure not to obstruct the information. I usually make my title pop out with letters relating to the artist or project. And then I do designs along the border or along the borders of my pictures. Also, to switch it up I use different color pens, but dark enough so that they'll show when I photocopy my pages.

What you want to do is keep a decent balance between the "decoration" of the pages and the actual information in them. Obviously each page should be aesthetically pleasing (relatively speaking) and have solid information/analysis, but you can get away with pretty plain pages with just a border or something if the information is stellar. It's always worth it to put a border in though; I don't think I would send in any page that's just on stark white paper with no design whatsoever.

I haven't decorated any pages of my IWB - my teacher never mentioned anything like that. None of my pages are just full text (especially not the ones I'd consider sending away) but I'm starting to wonder if I should be decorating them. Is it stated anywhere that it should be done or is it more of an aesthetic preference?

• 3 weeks later...