Being SL but preferring HL papers?

Ok so for language B papers, I always had a preference for the HL papers compared to the SL papers..probably because in SL if you lost 1 point you would lose an entire percent, whereas with HL if you lost 1 point in paper 1 it would be < 1% because the paper is out of 60! And also you would have much more choice in paper 2 and I just found the topics a lot more stimulating like to do with social issues and stuff much more than in SL exams!! For my mocks we were given a HL paper I scored a solid 7 (93%), for my finals I got a 6 in SL! And the HL results were generally better (2 7's and 2 6's)! Whereas with SL it was 1 6 (me) and then 5 5's. Is it just me or does anyone feel the same way?

Well I take HL Spanish, and we only do the HL practice exams in my class (exposes us to more vocabulary and stuff). But I feel that if you are a SL student and you can do reasonably well on a HL practice exam you should do very well on your SL exam. This one person was in HL Spanish for the first year but dropped to SL the second year because he was struggling and he scored very high on the SL exam because he was exposed to the more complex/advanced HL vocabulary. But then again if you're in SL and you can get a 7 on a HL paper, maybe you should be in HL instead.

Well I take HL Spanish, and we only do the HL practice exams in my class (exposes us to more vocabulary and stuff). But I feel that if you are a SL student and you can do reasonably well on a HL practice exam you should do very well on your SL exam. This one person was in HL Spanish for the first year but dropped to SL the second year because he was struggling and he scored very high on the SL exam because he was exposed to the more complex/advanced HL vocabulary. But then again if you're in SL and you can get a 7 on a HL paper, maybe you should be in HL instead.

Hmm..well I already took my exam in November..got a 6! I'm disappointed and my teacher said its good but our expectations were higher, wish I knew what went wrong!! I guess it also depends sometimes its just not your day, or you don't write as well as you normally do! Oh well..gotta focus on the other five now!