Theatre Research Investigation: Including the construction of costumes?

Cheyennev

My theatre teacher had us start our research investigations, I chose Bunraku Puppetry as my practice and costume design as the aspect to focus on. I was just wondering is it necessary when covering costume design ,to include the actual construction of the costume? Thank you in advance!

Edited by Cheyennev

what do you mean by actual construction of the costume?

(sorry, english is not my native language)

if you mean that its necessary to make the costume then: no, you dont have to... you just need to make the drafts (including colors and the fabric/material)

Edited by iEirikra

I see your worried too!I know it is not necessary to construct the costume but what I meant do you have to include patterns and sewing techniques things of that nature.Thank you for your reply though and I hope whatever is worrying you clears up!

Edited by Cheyennev

hahaha yeah.... the EE, i had to start over S:

well, the only thing that i included was a brief description, the colors of the clothing and the type of material to use, like if you were gonna give it to some taylor to make it... and my teacher said that was enough, though if you want to include more things its fine :)

he showed my group a great work of an old student and she included some pieces of the clothing she would had used.. the teacher said it was an extra and that it may help for the grade and stuff...