Japanese Universities

Azfar

I'm probably not going to study in Japan, but at one point I was really interested in Japanese universities, too, because I have a family friend in Yokohama. I'm still curious about Japanese universities so it would be nice if anybody could share more information about what the current situation is like for international students in Japan :)

Well, I know that WASEDA University established the School of International Liberal Studies recently (about 5~ years ago), and that they're offering scholarships to international students. They accept IB students. As far as I know, WASEDA University is quite famous/prestigious in Japan. In Japan there are no official university rankings, but according to various sources on the internet people consider it an 'A~B rank' university (sorry, couldn't find you an English page).

Sophia University is another B-rank university that offers English programs to IB students.

The American Temple University has a Japanese campus in Tokyo, but it's less prestigious/famous compared to WASEDA and Sophia. Of course, it offers English programs to IB students, too.

Edited by ninety
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hey im going to Nagaoka University of Technology for exchange... you see, I will enter UDEM here in Mexico, for 2 years and then by the exchange program finish there (other 2 years) with double title: a degree here (which i dont care about) and engineering there (the one i want)... the thing is, i dont know how good Nagaoka's university is... if anyone has any information about it that can share with me I would be very grateful (:

• 4 weeks later...