Extended essay cheating, teacher helped

ibsweden144

To make a long story short: My friend bought his extended essay online, with some kind of custom writing service, and his supervisor knows it and even told him that the IBO will never know that he bought this essay. He is not worried and his supervisor is not worried either, I read his essay, it's truly at a super-high academic level. I am really afraid that he will get caught and fail his diploma, and even he doesn't get caught, he is still cheating. How should I convince him to stop with it and write his own essay instead? Help me!

Tell the principal, the IB coordinator or a teacher. That's the only right thing to do. By not reporting the cheating you are effectively helping your friend cheat.

Your friend should be forced to write his own essay and be severely punished, and the supervisor in question should be fired.

EDIT: "ibsweden", I hope that this is not someone in my school!

Edited by Sammie Backman

No, I don't think that you should do anything. It's non of your business actually. It is extremely risky to buy a readymade EE. Even if he is not caught by a plagiarism checker, the moderator will be suspicious by this extremely high-quality paper and will look into it even further. Just make sure he knows the consequences of his actions. He could end up with no diploma and no university offer and I believe that he is too lazy to even consider that.

• Like 1

I think you should report this to your principal or someone higher up. For a moderator to find that a school has allowed a student to submit suspicious work is a MASSIVE ISSUE. IB keeps a record on suspicious activity and such. It can put the reputation of your school at stake. I'm serious about this!

A few years ago, a Chem student at our school let a fellow Chem student copy his IA. They were both in different classes, so their teachers didn't find anything suspicious about their work. HOWEVER, it happened that both students' work got sent for moderation, and the moderator found the similarities in their work. Now IB is being tighter on our school ==

• Like 1

• 10 years later...
On 11/29/2011 at 4:09 PM, ibsweden144 said:

To make a long story short: My friend bought his extended essay online, with some kind of custom writing service, and his supervisor knows it and even told him that the IBO will never know that he bought this essay. He is not worried and his supervisor is not worried either, I read his essay, it's truly at a super-high academic level. I am really afraid that he will get caught and fail his diploma, and even he doesn't get caught, he is still cheating. How should I convince him to stop with it and write his own essay instead? Help me!

Hi, what happened to your friend?? Did he get caught?