Spanish AB a killer ?

ferbie1

Hey guys, i'm in one of those unfortunate situations; i first started this course with the idea that it would be very easy and I wouldn't have to spend much time on it, because to me it wasn't that important. I thought that I could instead spend my time putting more effort in to other parts of my timetable. To my surprise i got put in a ab initio class that does more work than the highers (I think the teacher has problems - i'll leave it there). Long story short, I'm putting a lot of effort in to this class and my grades aren't improving. One of the reasons why this class makes my skin chill is because the way we are graded in class is so random.

Sometimes we are told we have a test, other times we just have the random in class quiz which really is a test - normally this is the way we get graded here (this always pissed me off because you can't really study for it). Other than that our teacher spends hours going through vocab etc.

The question is, I want to improve but don't know where to start. Any suggestions? (don't say online courses or tutors - already doing that XD)

I'm doing Spanish too (although not ab initio), and the only thing my teachers have told me to do out of school is to read, read, read. That way, you slowly build up vocabulary and you slowly understand and get used to the language.

Here are some links I use:

And here are some easier sites that my school recommends:

¡Buena suerte, and don't give up!

Hope I helped :)