Warwick University

Maks123456

Hello fellow IB mates!

I am currently in Pre-IB, but I have already started checking out some universities. I am an international student. I study in Stockholm, Sweden. The university I am most interested in (I am very obsessed with :D) is Warwick University. I would like to know if anyone else is applying to that university? Has anyone applied and gotten in or been rejected? I really want to study law in the UK and especially in that university, but apart from the 38 points required, I have no idea what else the university might look for in students.

I would really like to receive some answers and advices on what to do in order to be accepted. Anything would be of help!

Thank you in advance,

Maks

I am not really sure on the subject choices you should have (especially at HL), but I believe that Arrowhead can help you with that. As far as I know, history and a language (A1 or A2) at HL is preferable and most other applicants have similar subjects.

Other than that, try to find some internship or an assistant job (related to law) which would certainly look great on your PS and keep your interest alive because you'll have to prove when the time comes to write your personal statement. Good luck with it and since it is highly possible that I'll be accepting Warwick's offer to study Economics next year, I can get you some inside information a bit later :)

There are so many (hopefully) future law students here! That's so great, there is no one among my fellow IB students who wants to study law apart from me.

You should really look for something like moot court competition. It's great fun (with a lot of work prior, mind you) and a fantastic experiance for future law students. I "was" an attorney in a criminal trial and I had to do a great deal of work beforehand, but it resulted in my team winning. Also, some things such as MUN or EYP can also come in handy as there is a lot of group work (at least at EYP, I haven't come round to going to MUN just yet) and law-making that is a nice experiance overall and gives you law-connected experiance, even if it's really mostly done for fun. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, from what I understand (from talking to a few friends studying there and having visited on Open Day), Warwick really cares about your Personal Statement - so make sure to make it good, and really explain why you want to study Law and why you're perfect for studying Law in it. A strong Personal Statement will help immensely.

Good luck!