Mathematics HL Paper 3

rFumachi

Yeah, i did the series and diff's paper. I found it really manageable surprisingly, the first four questions were pretty standard, but that graph one i am still a little unsure, the fifth question, the calculus part a) was a pain but the rest was fine, and the last question, you just had to recognise that sqrt(x^2+y^2) is the modulus of z and arctan(y/x) is the argument, as they both come out from the differential equation...

Yeah, i did the series and diff's paper. I found it really manageable surprisingly, the first four questions were pretty standard, but that graph one i am still a little unsure, the fifth question, the calculus part a) was a pain but the rest was fine, and the last question, you just had to recognise that sqrt(x^2+y^2) is the modulus of z and arctan(y/x) is the argument, as they both come out from the differential equation...

I didn't think of that! :( The good news is that I could be able to sleep at night, thanks =)

i did the stats and probability paper, pretty tough and i spent 2 hours the night before studying type 1 and type 2 errors which didn't come up :( . For the chi squared question, did everyone get a really big quadratic, and also, for the confidence interval question with the proportions, did you have to use 0.75 as you proportion value or 0.80 as your proportion value

i did the series and differential equations. i couldn't do the last 2 questions which means ive lost about 25 marks. hahahaha. my teacher sed the grade boundaries should be low though.
Yes those 2 last questions were worth half the marks of the exam!!! I did half of question 5, anyway I'm hoping for the best (praying for a 5) :) Edited by rFumachi

did anyone do the discrete maths one?

or is my school special :(

to be fair...we only had four asians doing math HL...

I did the DM options. I thinks all is fairly easy except the part about 2^341=1mod 341 and the thing about prim's/kruskal's algorithm (i kinda freak out and might forgot which was which, but i tried to do prim's even its probably not fully corrrect per-se, I manage to answer everything except for a question worth one point where i have to find the euler circuit, i freaking forgot to add the line on my drawing and cant manage to find a crap circuit. And instead of writing that the 2^341=1mod 11 and 2^341=1mod 31 as a linearity, which actually equal as 2^341=1mod lcm 11,31 which is clear then it means that 2^341=1mod 341, i add them both so 2x2^341=1+1mod31x11 and show that 2^341=1mod341. I hope it just not wrong mathematically.

My school does the sets relations and groups options! Anyone else done that? I actually didn't find it all that bad except for the last parts of the last two questions, admittedly that's probably like 8 marks completely down the drain! I actually found that having done past paper questions, some of them were incredibly similar! And the first question was an absolute gift :)