Ethical Implications

Bhagyashree

In your CAS activity, ethical implication is when you consider doing moral things, or doing things to generally help others for the general good for them. Example? The best one I can think of right now is making accessibility for disabled people.

It could also be in terms of moral decision making... if you are writing a play and you are thinking about theme, you could also write about the message of it about racism, people making right or wrong decisions... etc.

Most global awareness activities consider ethical implication as a complementary learning outcome, as it is towards a common cause they will do good for those less fortunate.

• Like 3

An example of how NOT to be ethical would be...

Say you watched this documentary on the overuse of paper within the last century. You are disgusted with how the human population has become addicted to cutting down trees to satisfy their need for paper. You decide to get a group of protesters from your community, and you have them meet at your house to make posters and flyers to post everywhere to create a global awareness of this disastrous addiction.

Problem: You are using paper to promote a cause which disagrees with using paper -_-

Perhaps you could do some awareness via emails, videos to show at school or other public settings. Instead of making posters, get fabric paint and get everyone to colour on a shirt -- so your shirt becomes your "poster", in a sense :P

Might I add.... "Ethical implications" is one of the few outcomes that students have a more difficult time with. It is almost impossible to have the same amount of activities touching the outcomes equally, but do try your best to keep it all balanced :)

Edited by Cupcakes <3
  • Like 1

a real life example of this would be:

we were working in an orphanage in Cambodia, and my friend wanted to put on some music quite loudly. then my CAS supervisor told her to ask the people in there first if they're allowed to do so because it might distract others esp the orphans. it's also quite rude if she did so without asking first.

so that's what ethical implications means more or less.

• Like 1

we were working in an orphanage in Cambodia, and my friend wanted to put on some music quite loudly. then my CAS supervisor told her to ask the people in there first if they're allowed to do so because it might distract others esp the orphans. it's also quite rude if she did so without asking first.

I have taken Bharatanatyam as my CAS activity for creativity...for that the ehical implications I mentioned are I will respect my instructor as well as other students.I will make sure that I follow the rules the institute wants me to.......Proper clothing,timing...etc. and THE CO-ORDINATOR REFUSED MY CAS PLANNING.

I have taken Bharatanatyam as my CAS activity for creativity...for that the ehical implications I mentioned are I will respect my instructor as well as other students.I will make sure that I follow the rules the institute wants me to.......Proper clothing,timing...etc. and THE CO-ORDINATOR REFUSED MY CAS PLANNING.

So I searched about Bharatanatyam and while it may be spiritual in nature that does not necessarily connect to ethics. The easiest way to connect to ethics is to discuss the morality of what you are doing. The right and wrong, good and evil of the situation and perhaps a conflict between what you experienced and what you expected. Following the rules may not have been extraordinary connection to ethics for your coordinator. Try and talk about the ethical decisions you might have to make. How you developed as a ethical/good person as a result of the experience. Perhaps how conflict could have arose and how they were dissipated by certain actions. For the rules issue, talk more about how you would have to adhere to the rules and cultural guidelines of the activity. Also just how the activity impacts your views on your personal society.