Canadian university choices?

Rei-

I had a friend who was near tears most days (before her acceptances) because her predicted total was the same as yours, but she applied and got into Waterloo and McMaster for engineering. Just remember that most Canadian unis will look more heavily at the top 6 average.

Edited by 5.98e24

Yeah just try Waterloo, you'll never know unless you apply. If worst comes to worst you can at least say that you tried. There is still time to improve your predicted grades. Getting your predicted grades into the low 30s is doable and you have a better chance of being accepted, plus you will have more program choices.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well unless you're from a private school, you'll get your IB predicted mark and a provincial mark (out of 100) for each Gr.12 level course that you took. Most universities will consider both your top 6 average from this pool of Gr. 12 provincial marks and your IB diploma points. So even if you can't make it in with your IB diploma, you probably can with your provincial one.

• 2 months later...

I believe UBC will accept you. I doubt about UBC vancouver, but UBC okanagan will definitely accept you. Even though UBC okanagan is a smaller campus, it is still a good university especially for a first year university experience, and you will still graduate with a UBC degree.