Who uses Managebac to track CAS based on the learning outcomes?

TurtleR

My question is, if you use managebac to track CAS, you know that we have to satisfy 8 learning outcomes. And that each learning outcome needs to be met 15 times. Do we have to meet each learning outcome 15 times in EVERY outcome? Or can we still pass CAS without satisfying each outcome 15 times?

I don't think so, our CAS coordinator has been hugely vague about that, and she hasn't told us a word of that. I think all we need to do is hit all of them and have a good portion of it filled up with the outcomes and be supervisor approved. I have this question too actually, and any help would be appreciated :/

I am still really ticked off that some kids get to do their 50 50 50 hours while we have to do CAS every week,....

It's actually impossible to 'fill up' the bars, because their 'capacity' increases as well when you log something. The only way to theorectically 'fill up' the bars would be to have equal logs in each outcome. For example, I have 26 logged in Challange and Commitment, which are my 'maximum' at the moment, and 25 in Initiative. The only way for me to 'fill up' the bar would be to do something for Initiative, but not for Challenge or Commitment. Our method is actually the way it's supposed to be; 3-4 hours of CAS every week, with the 8 outcomes. The 50-50-50 is the old method, which 'expired' in 2010, and is mainly used by the older schools.

Edited by Expired Manwich of Doom

And that each learning outcome needs to be met 15 times.

WHAT???! :panic:

where did it say this? I thought we only needed to complete the 8 learning outcomes, no matter how many projects we have to complete them, but they all must at least been ticked once.

LOL, yeah I was worried too, but I guess it doesn't have to be 15 times, according to the posters above^^