Does CAS count for anything?

Hi all,

My CAS co-ordinator told my class that CAS counts for 1 of the 3 points which are given on top of the subject scores, however, the IB co-ordinator said that CAS doesn't count for anything besides a pat on the back for achieving... blaa blaa. Anyways, I was just wondering what is the right one?

Does CAS count for anything or not.

Thank you.

Remeber IB: intelligent bull****ters :)

Edited by sistasmellabella

CAS doesn't count for any of the 3 additional points. If you fail CAS then you don't get your IB diploma. If you complete the hours requirement and the objectives you pass CAS and you're one step closer to getting your diploma :P So your IB coordinator is right, it doesn't count for any points, it's more of a 'personal growth' thing...

So pass CAS and you're good to go :blum:

What Summer said. You don't actually have to put a lot of quality in your CAS work. So long as you clock in those hours and finish it off, however it may have been done (whether you faked hours - something I did quite vociferously for Action - but I guess you can't do that so easily now with the new system, idk). Just finish it and you're good to being one step closer to the diploma. It doesn't add point or remove them, it just validates that you can achieve your diploma.