Recommendations for preperation.

Alex .

I will hopefully be starting higher level Biology in September, after hearing that there is a very high work load in IB I have decided to look into the specification, I found that here.

What I would like some help with is if there are any resources or books that would help me get a head start on the course?

Thank you.

Want my honest opinion? Don't prepare for anything, there is no point. Unless you just want to do some reading, even that I disagree with. The Workload in IB2 is normally more than that in IB1. Also by taking BIO HL, I assume you really like it and good at it, in which case you dont need any preparation. Nevertheless, if you really want to take a look I strongly recommend the Andrew Allot study guide and the Course companion, which are normally bought/given together. The study guide goes perfectly with the syllabus and it very rarely misses anything on the syllabus, I would get that from the beginning and use it throughout the 2 years. Besides these 2 books, the best way to keep track with everything in IB Biology is having the syllabus with you the whole time and following point by point as you cover it in class.

But like I said, relax in your last few before IB!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just get your binders ready :) And be mentally prepared for all the work! Haha definitely consider investing in those study guides, they will help you later! And also once school starts, keep on track of all you work. Work hard for your labs, don't procrastinate, and use your teacher as your biggest resource! Oh and I'd advise you to make notes on all the topics and keep them organised for exam time. Helps a lot, specially for biology since a lot of it is about memorising (although IB Biology is more than just memorizing, keep that in mind! You want to UNDERSTAND everything, otherwise data responses will not be very enjoyable! haha)

Do a bit of googling, there are plenty of great IB Biology revision sites out there too.