Preparing for HL Chemistry Mock Exams

tum_tum_tree

LEAST favourite Chemistry Topic  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your LEAST favourite Chemistry Topic?

• Stoichiometry
    • Atomic Theory/Structure
    • Periodicity
    • Bonding
    • Energetics
    • Kinetics
    • Equilibrium
    • Acids and Bases
    • Redox
    • Organic
  2. 2. ...and which do you feel most confident about?

• Stoichiometry
    • Atomic Theory/Structure
    • Periodicity
    • Bonding
    • Energetics
    • Kinetics
    • Equilibrium
    • Acids and Bases
    • Redox
    • Organic

Hi guys,

This particularly applies to November 2011 people, but any input would certainly be appreciated! Particularly from those who have been there :)

I was wondering how you are structuring your revision of the syllabus? Are you only going through the topics that you remember struggling with or systematically?

How do you work out your areas of weakness?

What strategies do you use to know your options inside out?

I have my mock exams in about 3 weeks and I'm more than a little bit nervous! I have no idea where to start :(

Thank you!

Edited by tum_tum_tree

Get the syllabus and work through every single bit you've covered systematically, then do past paper questions specifically relating to that topic. Multiple choice often is the best place to start because it tells you whether or not you've really understood the topic.

If you don't go through systematically you might miss something out, and ultimately all they're going to ask you is stuff straight off the syllabus. Also, make really good notes as you revise! They'll come in handy for your final revision (assuming you revise via making notes) because you've effectively already got a good summary which you can condense further into notes for the final thing.

It's most certainly worth putting in 100% effort for your mocks. Helps you out in the final thing no end to have properly gone over everything at least once before!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

This particularly applies to November 2011 people, but any input would certainly be appreciated! Particularly from those who have been there :)

I was wondering how you are structuring your revision of the syllabus? Are you only going through the topics that you remember struggling with or systematically?

How do you work out your areas of weakness?

What strategies do you use to know your options inside out?

I have my mock exams in about 3 weeks and I'm more than a little bit nervous! I have no idea where to start :(

Thank you!

Agree with Sandwich! My friends generally read through the whole syllabus, then work on the parts they're not good in, and as the IB exams get nearer, they review one topic per day, until they're sure they know the topic by heart! :D

In chemistry, its both memorizing, and understanding, and only the equilibrium of these 2 forces will make you understand and appreciate chemistry!