Logged prac hours

lorenzo

Hey all! I just wanted to clarify something that, even now (just started 2nd year of IB), our group 4 teachers haven't explained very well. Supposedly, according to some snippet of info that someone leaked from the teachers :yes: , we are supposed to keep a log book with a record of all the practical time we do and that we're meant to have at least 60 hours of prac time per subject. Is that true, and to what extent? Or is someone just trying to scare the pants off us?

Much appreciated, coz if it is the case, I should probably start making some logs up :yes: jokes

It's actually 15 hours per subject. I'm in IB2 and I'm done my G4 project. My two subjects were bio and chem, and it was 2-4 planning hours (collective), 6-8 action hours (for each subject), and 2-4 evaluation hours (collective). You log all your own hours though and basically the teachers just check it for completion..you can't pass the G4 and get your diploma if you don't have minimum 15 hours for each subject.

• 1 month later...
is ur real name lorenzo.

:blink:

The 60 hours they are talking about is the amount of lab hours that you do as a whole for that course, 15 of which are from the G4 project. But the rest of those hours are your teacher's job to ensure that it gets done, so don't worry about that.

• 2 weeks later...