EE History - Domestic Policies of Kenyan prime ministers

Moini92

Hi

Im taking the exams next year (May 2012) and Im doing my EE on Comparing and Constrasting the Domestic Policies of The First Kenyan president Jomo Kenyatta and the Second president Daniel Arap Moi. Does anyone know where to get sources about these peoples Sources? Or even about the Domestic policies of Kenya during the period those two were presidents for Kenya?

I've studied that topic and I happen to have some essays about Jomo Kenyatta, the first Kenyan president. However, I think if you're doing an EE you should do the investigation on your own. I am a little concerned because at the end of the story, these 2 rulers are kinda monotonous. Anyways, I do know some sources when you can get information of their domestic policies. Let me tell you some to facilitate your work, they're mainly books I've read and that my history teacher proposed to me, they might help you in a big scale.

- The first book is from the historian Guy Arnold written in 1974 I think and it is called "Kenyatta and the politics of Kenya". This book speciffically talks about the domestic policies that he implemented in this african country so it's your lucky day :D You might found this book with certain limitations because Kenyatta was still in tenure of the presidential seat when Guy Arnold wrote the book, Kenyatta finished his term in 1978!

-There is another book about the first Kenyan president called "Kenya under Kenyatta Kalinga" and it was written by Veena Malhotra in 1990.

-The following is a great book but it is quite limited since it only focuses in one perspective of the story as it was written by Jomo Kenyatta itself, it is called "Kenya, The Land of Conflict".

The following book are from Moi and there might even compare its presidential term with Kenyatta's one.

-The making of an African Statesman, MOI. By Andrew Morrison is a pretty complete book and it is quite popular. If you want to buy it here's the page. The Book

I hope it helped, if you want some additional sources you should google "Comparison Jomo Kenyatta and Daniel Arap Moi"

• Like 1