TI nSpire HELP ;p

Hinuku

Hi

I have this dilemma about the radian/degree settings in the Ti-nSpire calculator. In the old, Ti-84 there was only one setting I think but here you actually have three different places where you can modify this. Why is it so? Which setting should I use? I though that the main one, the one after pressing 5,2,1 on the main screen is like the mother-setting but then it came out that its not always enough to change this one only. And another thing - can I change the radian/degree mode while in scratchpad or a document? Going back to the main display is just really time consuming

Matt

I suggest using documents at all times rather than scratchpad.

in documents, if you want to change the mode in whatever type the document is, I think you just need to press the weird icon beside the X (exit) icon on the top right corner. the settings will appear. change the mode once from there.

I think that's it. it's how I usually do it. however my calculator is at school and I just roughly remember how I changed the mode, so let me know if it doesn't work and I'll get back to you asap.

• Like 1

ah, I've just checked with my calculator. did you finally find the button btw?

when you go to settings (on the main page), there are two options right?

the first one is the general settings. this is the settings for the Calculator type of document.

the other one is the graph & geometry settings. you know right that the documents have various types like Calculator, Graph, Geometry, List and some stuffs and Notes. this settings is for the Graph type of document and Geometry type of document.

since you don't use Geometry anyway you don't need to worry... but to avoid confusion I suggest just clicking the icon next to the X exit icon on the top right corner. this button, when you place the cursor over it, information about your battery and stuffs will be displayed.

if there is any other inquiry just post :)

• Like 1